Thursday

Smudging Ceremonies

How to Smudge, smudging videos, How do I smudge my home. When to Smudge. Prayers to say when smudging sage what is smudging, prayer for new home cleansing, how to smudge a house, smudging instructions, smudging books, smudging materials, smudging tools, smudging prayers, smudgsticks, how to use a smudgestick, how to put out a smudgestick
smudgestick An overview of a How to Smudge a Location to Smudge Your Hous
Below are instructions for your assistance. From experience, I can tell you that when you're finished, you space feels good, clean and upbeat.... so don't be afraid to give it a try. And remember to do it with love. does smudgingn work? how to smudge with sage

Supplies: how to perform a smudging
The below is what I have handy in my  complete smudging tool kit, each with specific spiritual significance.
  • A smudge stick (I prefer white sage)
  • A lighter or candle
  • A shell or Dish (I prefer green abalone)
  • A feather (I prefer one wrapped in a natural material, like leather)
  • Salt (I prefer pure Himalayan pink salt)
  • Anointing Oil

Prepare the Space: how to perform a smudging ceremony
If you're smudging an entire home for the first time, as part of the preparation, make sure you open all the shades and curtains on all windows (Open the windows if the weather is permitting) and open all doors including the closets. Adjust your furniture allowing you to easy move around the home.native american smudging

Preparation of Self:

You need to take time to prepare and protect yourself before beginning the work
  • Take a few minutes to meditate to find balance and center
  • Ground yourself
  • Anoint yourself with the oil and say a Preparation Affirmation/Prayer to raise your vibration as you ask for protection.
Example:  perform a native american smudging 
  • I cleanse and protect myself in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Initialization
The initialization has 2 parts. 
Part 1
Now that you have cleansed and protected yourself, you want to begin with an Initialization Affirmation or Prayer for Selfnative american smudging prayer, sage ceremony cleansing


It can be words from a religious book like psalms OR it can be a american indian sage prayer a special affirmation of intentions that you feel strongly about. So pick one that resonates with you and say an affirmation to your higher power out loud. sage ceremony

  • I invoke the Light of God to be with me and assist me in being the perfect channel of Love and Light to cleanse this space and the people in it.

Part 2 smudging your home with cleansing sage
Light the Sage
Light the sage, then fan out the flame so the smudge stick is smoking, placing it into the shell. Become one with the smoke as you let it wash over you. This is where I make my intentions to clear the space known to all the energy in the space by saying my Intention Affirmation or Prayer


Begin Smudging a Room 
smudging a new home
There are several ways to tackle this. One way is to start in the farthest corner of the house, finishing at the front door. Enter the room and go to the farthest corner to begin. Fan the smoke against the walls while saying an Ongoing Smudging Prayer or Affirmation.

Move clockwise in the room, fanning the smoke as you say out loud the affirmation with great intention.


Finish the Smudging Ritual
When I complete the smudging of a location I say a Closing Smudging Prayer or Affirmation outside the home and complete the ceremony, spreading a little salt at the final threshold.  

As a practitioner, I then always perform a couple of steps to clear myself after I have completed smudging, including a Final Cleansing Pray for Self. This ensures that I'm doing a final cleanse, ridding myself of any residual energy.

After the smudging is complete you will feel a sense of peace, love and light. And who doesn't like that! 

Links for You

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My book, 
Smudging for Beginners,  available on Amazon.

So, are you interested in cleansing your space and raising your vibration? Or are you looking to rid your location of the crummy energy tied to your ex-partner who you can't get out of your head? 

Either way, this book can assist as LeeZa Donatella helps readers understand the basics as well as tricks of the trade when it comes to smudging their space, person or objects in her book, Smudging for Beginners. 

All My Books  available on Amazon 
Here are some links to items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment