Sunday

The History of Smudging


Smudging History and Background
I'm a spiritualist, who's traveled around the world in search of wisdom and knowledge about different cultures and religions. It was in Arizona in the 1990's when I first encountered a Native American smudging ceremony using sage and other materials like sweet grass, cedar and pine. Being immersed in a culture of a people that have used this tradition for centuries, got me interested in finding out more about the use of smoke when cleansing. It was shortly after that in the late 1990's when I immersed myself in the Peruvian culture for 3 months in the Amazon, the Andes, around Nazca, the Colca Canyon and Lake Titicaca where various rituals where they used smoke to cleanse and purify the location and people in it.  

When I returned to the states, I wanted to find out as much as I could about the spiritual and religious aspects. In my search for the History of Smudging, I discovered that forms of smudging are present in every religion, since the existence of religious practice.  We just don't realize it because they are not calling it smudging.

Everyone thinks that the term smudging refers to cleansing a person or space, but actually smudging is the term for the bowl or shell that holds the materials that are burned.  

Using smoke to purify, cleanse and protect are still used today in some Christan religions. Just walk into a Catholic Church and smell the Frankincense they're burning around Easter as the alter boys move up and down the aisle.  The history of smudgingHow to Smudge, smudging videos, How do I smudge my home. When to Smudge. Prayers to say when smudging sage what is smudging, prayer for new home cleansing, how to smudge a house, smudging instructions, smudging books, smudging materials, smudging tools, smudging prayers, smudgsticks, how to use a smudgestick, how to put out a smudgestick
Smudging and Blessings Inspirational Rituals to Cleanse and Heal
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My book, 
Smudging for Beginners,  available on Amazon.

So, are you interested in cleansing your space and raising your vibration? Or are you looking to rid your location of the crummy energy tied to your ex-partner who you can't get out of your head? 

Either way, this book can assist as LeeZa Donatella helps readers understand the basics as well as tricks of the trade when it comes to smudging their space, person or objects in her book, Smudging for Beginners. 

All My Books  available on Amazon 
Here are some links to items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment